Senior events manager, EOA Gauteng
New Position: Posted Thursday 11 April 2017
Could this position be just for you ? Europa Organisation Africa are looking for an event professional to manage their events, projects and conferences from start to finish, including various aspects in the planning and implementation process.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
Client Liaison / Committee Management
* Meeting with clients in order to ascertain their specific needs and requirements and to identify their goals, objectives, specific target audience, sponsorship information and budget, amongst other elements.
* Maintaining open communication with clients and committees in order to ensure that they are kept updated on developments and are provided with accurate feedback on a regular basis.
* Sourcing suitable locations such as conference facilities, accommodation, and hospitality venues. Carrying out site inspections where required.
* Sourcing and maintaining of suppliers and supplier relations including travel & transport, entertainment, audio visual, printers, amongst others.
* Negotiating preferred rates with suppliers and briefing them on requirements.
* Monitoring reservations / bookings / orders.
* Working with internal and external IT departments and service providers to ensure that website content is constantly updated.
* Providing functional specifications to IT departments/developers for online registration and abstract submission forms.
Registration & Abstract Submission Management
* Calculation of registration fees according to budget requirements and project objective.
* Monitoring registrations received through various channels, and ensuring that delegates’ queries and enquiries are dealt with in the most effective manner.
* Manage the on-site registration process.
* Providing functional specifications/guidelines to IT departments/developers for online registration and abstract submission forms.
* Monitoring abstracts/papers submitted, and processing them accordingly within pre-determined deadlines and assisting with any submission queries received
* Facilitating reviewers with the scoring process by communication score criteria, categories and deadlines for online review.
* Liaising with overall abstract moderator regarding final acceptance decisions in order to communicate these to abstract authors.
* Collating abstracts and forwarding to Publishers of Congress relevant Journals, by predetermined deadline, for their proof reading/editing and printing in Congress edition journals.
* Liaising with authors with final arrangements for presentation – Oral vs Poster Presentation and author acceptance of these allocations.
* Overseeing/managing onsite poster display and assisting judges where required
* Development of suitable floor plans through consultation with the venue and / or relevant suppliers.
* Designing and structuring sponsorship and exhibition packages and pricing in order to ensure profitability.
* Corresponding with potential sponsors to secure sponsorships.
* Liaising with sponsors regarding the venue specifications and any queries that may arise.
* Assist exhibition manager with the set-up process at the venue and resolve any problems that may arise whilst on-site.
Programme & Speaker Management
* Working in conjunction with the scientific committee to develop a programme – assisting with recommendation regarding timing and overall programme template
* Inviting of key note speakers and presenters as selected by the committee.
* Assisting with International and local flight and accommodation bookings
* Compiling individual itineraries/final confirmation letters (travel & accommodation arrangements) for out-of-town and international guests and liaising with all speakers regarding technical information for their presentations
* Working with graphic designers to develop the printed programme consisting of all relevant conference/event information.
* Applying for CPD accreditation and Ethics points with relevant authority and arranging onsite CPD Scanning
* Sourcing accommodation, negotiating contracts, managing rooming list for Faculty and room allocations.
Marketing & Design
* Developing of a marketing strategy, where required, in line with client brief to ensure the relevant audience is targeted and reached.
· Identifying channels for distribution of congress related information in order to ensure optimum awareness is created and commitment. Such as online media sources, information booklets, print adverts and other targeted electronic mediums.
· Briefing graphic designer on the following elements:
o Logo design/ Flyers / Eblasts (design / content) / PowerPoint Slide templates/ Pull up banners and signage as well as other marketing elements
Basic Financial Management
* Preparing and Monitoring budgets
* Requesting and monitoring supplier invoices and authorising payments.
* Following up on feedback meetings with suppliers and clients to efficiently evaluate the congress for future development and improvements
* Working closely with the finance department in reconciliation of financials after the event and to produce a final Trial Balance. Including ensuring that commission invoices are forwarded to relevant suppliers.
* Onsite pre-con meetings with venue & suppliers
· Setup of venue, including the exhibition halls, registration areas, conference venues and all associated social events for the delegates and their partners.
· Continues monitoring and reviewing of the event as it unfolds, including: the sessions, celebration dinners, teas and lunches.
* Developing of Social Function and Accompanying Person Programmes as required by the project.
* Planning and setting of material and project specific deadlines to ensure the timely production and delivery of all congress related materials.
* Preparing a Function Sheet for use during the event
* Oversee all elements of the event to ensure each area works together efficiently and to the standard we expect for a successful event. This includes assisting and advising colleagues with their tasks and responsibilities where necessary
Education, Knowledge and Skills Required:
* Relevant Diploma / Degree
* 3-5 Years in similar role
* Experience within the Pharmaceutical/ medical environment advantageous
* Strong interpersonal skills
* High attention to detail
* Must be able to work towards deadlines
* MS Office
* Ability to handle pressure
* Must be “hands on” and a Team player
* Must be able to prioritise and multi task
* Must be available to work over weekends and after hours
Remuneration commensurate with experience.
Applicants to provide a summary CV including 3 recent contactable references. Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Trackback from your site.